Monday 21 July 2014

1st Birthday cake...

I have been doing a lot of birthday cakes for 1st birthdays and you may have realised that I have never done any cake with the number 1 which is quite a default design for 1st birthdays. Simple reason is I have not received any order for it and I just do not have the number 1 shaped baking tin. LOL. So finally, I received this order from Joanne who prefers to have a number 1 shaped cake for her son Valen's 1st birthday. I was thinking between investing on a number 1 shaped cake tin or fixing the number 1 shape with cake pieces. In the end I decided on the latter with the support of Joanne.

So I baked a big square cake and cut it into 2 long pieces and a small slanted piece and fixed it together and tadah the number 1 shape is done!

Joanne wanted all the baby elements such as milk bottles, buttons, safety pins, toy blocks,etc on the cake and cupcakes and so I included them in the design. Really glad the number 1 turned out fine and the covering of the cake with fondant is not as challenging as I thought it would be with the many edges to take care of.

Hope Valen had a wonderful 1st birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment