Saturday 23 August 2014

Jembakes does charity at Citi food fair 2014!

Time flies and it's the time of the year again! Riding on the success of last year's cupcakes sales, this year I'm tasked to do the cupcakes again (tink I'm better known as the cupcake girl at work, LOL). Check out the last charity sale we did below.

http://jembakes.blogspot.sg/2013/08/jembakes-does-charity-again.html

So this year round I suggested different designs for the pre-order (partly because I'm tired of minions) and so I came up with the below two designs in line with the recent craze.

World cup cupcakes.

Frozen cupcakes.
Then my GMO head is very supportive and wanted to order a 100 cupcakes in boxes of 2 to distribute to all of us in GMO. It was real nice of him and I decided to work on this 100 cupcakes first and deliver it on a different day so that I will not need to prepare all the orders in a day. However, I thought that giving my colleagues frozen or world cup cupcakes are not very meaningful so I came up with another set of designs for them.




MDAS is the organization that we are helping.

Packaging in process.

So each colleague will get a set of "Citi" and "Thank you" cupcakes which is more meaningful in a way. LOL. And so I've cleared one hurdle with 100 cupcakes down (done in a total of 5hrs).

Next up is the preparing of the cupcakes for the other pre-orders and for actual day sale. This year I'm preparing to sell 50 cupcakes at the booth during lunch time and in addition to the pre-ordered cupcakes, I have 180 cupcakes to do in a day and boss had given me time off to "work from home" and prepare the cupcakes. LOL.

So I started working from 9am in the morning and thank god I have my mummy to bake the cupcakes for me while I do the decorating of the cupcakes.


All the pre-orders nicely packaged.
After I'm done with the pre-orders (which is almost half of the day gone), it's time to rack my brains on the designs for the cupcakes for sale at the booth. I decided on simpler designs (as I'm real tired) which most people will like. So I did hello kitty, frozen, pooh, heart, citi logo and some roses. And I'm so glad I found these nice plastic individual packaging while I was at the JB bake ware shop "Bakewell" searching for my icing image. These are really good and cheap and the cupcakes fit well and nicely in it.

Cupcakes all ready for sale!
And these cupcakes took me another half a day and I was literally working 9-6 at home to finish all these cupcakes ( a total of 180 pcs). Another achievement unlocked!

So the next day the cupcakes are ready for collection and sale!

Cupcakes at the booth!
Thanks to the generous and helpful colleagues at CBP the cupcakes were sold in an hour and the total donations we got for the pre-orders and sale is a total of $1300! Hope the people from MDAS can benefit from it!

Really feel good to have done a part for charity but these will not be possible without the following people : 

Thanks Mummy for helping me to bake the 280 pcs of cupcakes. Without you I will have to spend much more time both baking and decorating the cupcakes. Thanks for helping me to source and buy the necessary ingredients and boxes and make things much easier for me. Thanks for relieving me of my workload!

Thanks Daddy for driving me to work and finding the big boxes for me to pack my cupcake boxes in and carrying the boxes of cupcakes for me!

Thanks bf, Rafael, for helping me to pack the 50 boxes of cupcakes and being the delivery man helping me to carry the boxes of cupcakes up to the office.

Thanks Er Jie for sacrificing her sleeping and rest time to help me pack the cupcakes into the boxes. Really appreciate it!

Thanks Er Jie's bf, Ben, for driving me into JB so that I can buy the icing image and the nice plastic packaging.

Thanks San yi for coming down to offer your helping hands and pack the cupcakes as well.

Without you guys I will not be able to finish this task alone! This is our combine effort for charity! Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment