Sunday 29 September 2013

Happy family cupcakes for my Mummy's birthday!

This time round it's my mummy's birthday and we decided to celebrate in advance over a dim sum brunch. I was deliberating over baking her a cake or just buying one from outside as she will be around and there will be no surprise if I were to bake the cake at home. But just nice a day before the birthday celebration, she was out the whole day and thus I grabbed the chance to bake her a cake. However, I had no clue what design to do for her as she does not have any specific hobbies or likings. Then, my ever so full of ideas Er Jie suggested that I make a set of cupcakes that represents each and everyone of our family members. I thought it is really a good idea and it will be really fun to make too! And she also contributed by baking the cupcakes (milo flavoured as my mummy loves milo) while I do the designs. Thus, it is a combined effort from both of us with love for our mummy!

The happy family!
The process of moulding the family members is so fun where I was thinking of the special characteristics of each of them (with some help from my Er Jie and her bf). Er Jie insisted on putting on the spectacles for my bro-in-law who wears specs and it looks really cute and looks more like him. Then my Er Jie wanted polka dot shirt and then she added the dots on. Her bf wanted to style his own hair and created his own muscular hands. We had so much fun creating them!

The final product.
So now is the time for the celebration!

All ready to blow the candle.

The family.

Us with the cupcakes.
Mummy, Daddy and Me!
I think that Daddy really looks quite alike and my Dad so happens to wear blue as well. LOL.

Er Jie and her bf, Ben.

My Da Jie's family.
The characteristic for this family is that they love to dress themselves in the same colour code. Therefore, I made the mother and daughter, father and son, "wear" the same colour. In addition, I made especially big eyes for my niece who has really big eyes.

We attracted some attention from the kids at the next table who were curious and interested in the cupcakes and came over to see. When we started eating the cupcakes, Wayne was so cute and said that he does not want to eat "himself" up. LOL.

And we each took a photo with our look-alike!







We had a good meal and so much fun with the cupcakes. All of us did not eat "ourselves" up and my Dad even ask me to bring "him" home and not leave it at the restaurant for them to clear away. LOL. Happy Birthday Mummy! I Love You!






No comments:

Post a Comment