Monday 23 November 2015

3D car cake for my BIL!

It's my brother-in-law's birthday once again! I think the last birthday cake that I made for him is actually the first fondant cake that I did for my class (and it is actually just nice because it was near his birthday and so it was not really customized for him).

http://jembakes.blogspot.sg/2013/07/the-jembakes-journey-part-2.html

So this time round, I decided to make a customized cake just for him! And I decided to challenge myself in making a 3D car cake for him who loves car and recently got his new audi. So I youtubed and googled for tutorials on how to make a car cake and set my hands on doing it.

So I baked a rectangle cake and carve the cake into the shape of a car. I also made a dent at the bottom of the car on both sides to fit in the wheels later.



At this stage, at least it does looks like the shape of a car. 1st stage passed! The next part is to cover it with fondant and decorating it with the car details. So I included the audi logo, the car number plate, the headlights, the windscreen, etc.

And here is the final results which I am really satisfied with for my first attempt in 3D car!



Check out the happy and surprised bro-in-law who did not know that he is "eating up" his new car for his birthday!



 Happy birthday Bro-in-law! Enjoy your ride in your new car!

No comments:

Post a Comment