Friday 18 October 2013

Rainbow rose cupcakes...

This is an order from Bi Ru who wanted to order 8 rainbow coloured rose cupcakes. She wanted 6 coloured roses - red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. This roses have to be done by buttercream icing using piping tools and this is something that I have not mastered well (have been using fondant and gum paste for most of my decorations). I think I have also mentioned before that I do not prefer working with buttercream icing as it is very messy. But this time round I took up the challenge thinking that it should be quite easy to come up with the roses.

But I was wrong, I took a while to find the right tip and technique to swirl the icing and make it look like a rose. I practiced on the practice board numerous times till I found the "right rose". Then the next harder part comes in when I have to mix the colouring into the icing which softens the icing when I added more into it for a darker shade of colour. And when the icing is not of a certain consistency, the rose will not turn out well. Thus, I have to compromise between the shade of colour and the consistency. The hardest part is to pipe the rose on the cupcakes. I actually redo it a lot of times until I'm satisfied with it (not really satisfied, but the best I can do). In the end, these 6 cupcakes really took me quite a while to finish. It looks simple but it is not at all. I must brush up on my piping skills. Hope it did look like a rose to you. LOL.

The final product.
Hope Shi Hui likes the cupcakes! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment