Friday 2 May 2014

Graduation cake...

This is not really a graduation cake as they have graduated 10 years ago. LOL. My sis gave me the task of coming up with a cake for she and her university friends who have known each other for 10 years and they are having a gathering. So I started racking my brains on what design to do to show their 10 years of friendship since university. Then I came across some mortar board cake online and thought that it will be apt to use on this cake since they know each other from university and tadah the cake is done!

Class of 2004. Guess their age! LOL.
I was contemplating on how to make the mortar board, to use cardboard or to use solely gumpaste and fondant. However, learning from past experience, I decided to use cardboard which is lighter. So I cut out a square cardboard, then wrapped it up in foil and then fondant and my mortar board is done! This is a real simple and fast cake!

Check out their gathering below:


Cheers to their 10 years of friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment