Saturday 2 November 2013

Up theme cake and cupcakes...

An order from Jinny for her daughter's 1st birthday where she is having an Up themed party. So she wanted her birthday cake to have the house and the balloons (if you have watched Up before you should know what I'm talking about).

For the house, I wanted something light which can stand on its own as due to previous experience, the fondant and gumpaste mixture is too heavy and may drag the covered fondant on the cake and create creases on it. So, I cut the shape of a house on cardboard and wrapped it with foil wrap before placing my fondant design on it. I specifically like the sweet pastel colours of the balloons. And I have to mention I found this nice happy birthday candles which fits perfectly on the top of the cake and matches the colourful rainbow well.

Hope Kayanne had a blast at her 1st birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment