Friday 23 August 2013

Madagascar cake...

If you do remember, my first two-tier cake was made for Shi Han's 21st birthday ordered by Wenqing. If not, you can check out the link below:

http://jembakes.blogspot.sg/2013/07/two-tier-retro-theme-21st-birthday-cake.html

So why am I mentioning this? Cause this time round, Shi Han contacted me and wanted to order a Madagascar cake for her Bf's birthday. I'm so glad that there is repeat customers and word starts to spread around for Jembakes! She initially wanted just the zebra (which is called Marty or what if I remember) on the cake, but I suggested a full set of the Madagascar toy figurines on the cake instead. And the first thought that comes to my mind is to get into USS (Universal Studios Singapore) to get the figurines since there is a Madagascar area there. For your info, I got an annual pass to USS from my dearest Da Jie on my birthday this year as she knows that I love the roller coaster rides there, especially Human and Cylon! So, I thought this is a good chance for me to get in there and have some fun while getting the figurines for the cake. But, it wasn't a very fruitful trip as both rides, Human and Cylon, were closed for the day and there isn't any Madagascar toy figurines selling in the theme park at all! Not even Toy r us sells these figurines. Luckily I got my hands on the figurines while searching online and the seller is very prompt in the delivery as my cake is only due in a few days time. Really happy with the buy as the figurines are very nicely done and not out of shape. Check out the figurines below.

The Madagascar characters on the cake.
I have to admit that I suggested putting toy figurines on the cake as I'm worried that I will mold the characters out of shape. And also, it will be more practical to use toy figurines as it can be kept as an ornament or toy while the gum paste figurines will have to be thrown away instead (to sweet to be eaten for some people) as it cannot be kept for long.

Madagascar cake.
And tadah, the cake is done with a jungle feel to fit the Madagascar theme. And Shi Han also ordered 10 minions cupcakes for the party. Minions again! LOL.

Minions invasion!
Hope the party went well and her Bf likes the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment