Saturday 31 August 2013

Wayne's gingerbread man cupcakes...

For your information, Wayne is my cute little nephew who is 5 this year. He loves to draw and is my no. 1 cake fan. One fine day while I was at home making cake, he came up to me and said that he wish he is a cake-maker like me. I guess it is because he loves to eat the cakes (mostly the fondant on top which is sweet) where his eyes will sparkle when he sees them. LOL. So from then on, he calls me Xiao Yi, the cake-maker.

So one day when I came back from work, my mummy told me that she got a new order for me and it is placed on the whiteboard that we use to write down the orders. Thinking that who can she get the order from, I thought the most possible one will be from my neighbour. However, I was wrong and my order looks like this.

Wayne's order.
This is the first time I got a drawn design for an order and Wayne ordered specifically 4 for his family of 4. LOL. If you are wondering what this is (it looks quite obvious, he is quite a good artist), this is the gingerbread man in Shrek and here's a picture of it.

He has a gingerbread man plushie from USS and he loves it. Ok, so now I have to work on the order.

Tadah! I made the fondant and the designs thinner so that he will not be eating too much of it (although he loves it but it is too sweet). I also added the gold balls cause he loves it and was eating most of it from the cake I made for my grandma and we had to stop him in the end. LOL.
The cupcakes based on his design.
He was so looking forward to the cupcakes and was hurrying me when I was doing it. When I finally finished them and asked him for payment he said he paid to my mummy. My mummy told me he wrote a $8 on a piece of paper and passed it to her. Oh well, I guess that is a form of payment too. At least my cupcakes are worth $8 in his eyes and I got a satisfied customer! LOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment