Sunday 21 July 2013

A hats party...

My friend's birthday is in the month of April and while we were deciding what to do for the celebration and stuffs, my friend suggested a hats party at Marina Barrage where we can fly kite and have a picnic. Therefore, I came up with the idea of making a hat cake for her to suit the theme of the party.

My mummy say it looks like Feng Fei Fei's hat.
This hat is quite easy to make as I wanted it to have a rounded feel, therefore, I did not have to level off the top. In addition, I covered it with white fondant and brushed it with cranberry lustre dust which ends up with the colour you see in the picture which is bright and shimmering on closer look. It has a better effect than just dyeing the fondant pink where the colour will be dull and dead in a sense. As I wanted the hats to have some folds, I stucked tissue paper at parts of the sides to create the folds, and of course I have to wait till it hardens up and then the folds will stay.

The birthday girl with the cake.
A hats party where I'm the only one wearing a hat.
But then the hats party is quite a failure in the end when it started to rain and we have to find a wet weather plan. To top it off, I'm the only one turning up with a hat and therefore it does not looks like a hats party. And what's worse, the birthday girl actually thought that the hats cake is a shou tao???? Oh my oh my, my effort have all gone to waste. Do you guys think that it looks like shou tao? Hahaha.. But nevertheless, we still had fun having the picnic indoors and did some outdoor activities after the rain had stopped. Happy ??th Birthday Weiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment