Saturday 20 July 2013

Wiinnie the Pooh and friends..

So after my first order, I waited patiently for my second order, and finally it came! This time round another challenge came up from my friend, Marcus. He is ordering cupcakes for his gf's birthday but have no idea what kind of theme should he do. After much discussion and "brainstormimg" he decided on winnie and the pooh as it is one of his gf's fav cartoon characters. Therefore, I started on my journey in search of ideas! I've thought of molding the shapes of the characters, however it is a thin line between looking alike and not alike at all. I've seen images online where the characters are molded out of shape and not as nice. Therefore, I decided to work on their special traits instead and to make sure that from first look, people can still know what they represents. Sounds abstract right? Here's a picture of it.

Can you guess the characters?
I have to admit working on cupcakes are much easier in terms of thinking of ideas as it is a smaller surface area to cover. However, it needs to be more delicate and more effort is needed in a sense as there is more designs to do. Therefore, I can't really decide whether decorating cakes or cupcakes is easier or which one do i prefer. Nevertheless, I hope for this set of cupcakes I have delivered and met his requirements and that his gf will like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment