Saturday 20 July 2013

Jembake's first order!

Having made quite a few cakes for the different occasions, I'm more encouraged to try out more designs and theme and therefore, the birth of Jembakes on Facebook. With the help of friends and friends of friends and more, Jembakes finally got its first order! Special thanks to Ni Chen for being so supportive and putting her trust in me and be so daring to be the first to try out our cake. And so she ordered a Piyo Piyo cake which again, I have not heard of it before. But as always, google is our best friend and soon enough I know that Piyo Piyo is a cute little yellow duck. Being my first order, I was really excited and nervous about it at the same time. This is totally different from doing it for my own family. She wanted to see a draft design of the cake before the final cake is done and thus I started designing it. I have to admit I can't draw very well and is not confident that I can convey my designs accurately through the drawings, therefore, I created it on a real cake instead.
The yellow ducks are mould using fondant and gumpaste
But then again, she preferred a 2D design instead of a 3D one and therefore a change of design is needed. And so, the final design looks like this. I crafted the shape of the Piyo Piyo by free hand, making sure that it is not out of shape as it is the main lead of the cake. Really hope she likes the cake and it meets her requirements and expectations!

A small 5'' Piyo Piyo cake
I was really nervous upon delivery of the cake and was wondering if they like it or not, if the cake make it there well and nice and this and that are all going through my mind. And then Ni Chen is so sweet to send me a picture of the birthday girl with the cake.

The birthday girl with the cake.
This picture really brought a smile to my face and all my nervousness are all gone. I can't wait for my next order and next challenge to come up!

No comments:

Post a Comment