Wednesday 17 July 2013

The Jembakes Journey...

To start off this blog, shall give a little background on my baking journey. It dated quite a while back and my biggest influence is my mummy who loves to bake and my fav of hers is definitely the little choc chip cupcakes. To have more chips in the cupcakes, I will always volunteer to tap the chips in, and come to think of it, I actually started "baking" at the age of 10+?? But the door that really opens me up to cake decorating is through attending Wilton decorating courses at B-I-Y. I will certainly recommend anyone who is interested in cake decorating to attend the courses. There are 4 in total where the 1st course is a must and pre-requisite before attending other courses. They taught simple and basic techniques for handling buttercream icing, fondant and gumpaste which is useful for more advanced decorations based on your own creativity. Having attended the courses and learning the basics, I'm all ready for the challenges ahead. And therefore, Jembakes is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment