Monday 22 July 2013

For beer lovers!

This is another quick order where it was ordered 2-3 days in advanced by Fiona and the design is more or less fixed and that is to be shaped like a beer! For all drinkers out there, this is a cake that won't get you drunk and is safe to eat as much as you can. As we all know, beer mug is quite tall, however, due to the limitations of the cake which is only one layer, the beer mug became flat and big instead.

I guess the uncles really love beer!
To create the foamy overflowing effect, I used buttercream icing with a big round tip to pipe the "foam". Although the effect is good, I hope it is not that hard to handle and cut the cake with the "foam" on it. Hopefully, if there is another chance, I will try my hands on a tall glass mug with a two layer cake instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment