Sunday 28 July 2013

Doraemon cupcakes...

I'm finally done with all the backlog posts and is able to update all on our latest creation! Firstly, I've decided to work on more flavours for my cakes and cupcakes and have tried out the red velvet recipe. The first try was a bit too sweet and therefore I have perfected the cake by lessening the sugar content in it and is ready to introduce it to all! And the first order came from Linda and she wanted to order Doraemon theme red velvet cupcakes. Previously I've tried handcrafting a 2D image of Doraemon as seen below but I'm not really pleased with it and was thinking of trying a 3D Doraemon instead.

My Melody. Doraemon. Rilakkuma.
Therefore I started searching online and I came upon an online blog which provided a tutorial on how to create 3D Doraemon figures. So I started my molding of the figures based on the tutorial step by step.

Started off by rolling the head, body, hands, legs in propotions.

Then fixing them together.

Then the bell, inserting a spaghetti into the body so that the head can be fixed onto it.

Finally the Doraemons are ready to be placed on the cupcakes.
At first, the heads of the Doraemon were created too small and they look malnourished. In the end I had to forego the small heads and replace them with bigger heads for them to look better and more like Doraemon. The end effect was good and the Doraemon look so cute! Many thanks to the tutorial!

The Doraemon nicely seated on the red velvet cupcakes.

The final set of Doraemon cupcakes.
This is another breakthrough for me as I've introduced a new recipe and changed my style of designing to suit the red velvet cupcakes. I used the cream cheese frosting to cover the cupcakes instead of my usual "preferred" fondant. But the end result looks really good and is different from my previous creation. I'm so motivated to work on more flavours and different styles of designing!

August will be a busy month for me where I have a few orders in place. Do stay tune and look forward to more of my new creations! I'm so excited for it and can't wait to work on those orders soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment