Saturday 20 July 2013

Another Piyo Piyo cake...

This time round, Rachel ordered a Piyo Piyo cake and she preferred the 3D design that I did previously and would just want the same design. But the challenge here is she wants to include some words in chinese. This is really a challenge for me as I do not have any chops or mold of chinese characters (i doubt anyone sells it). I won't be able to carve out the words free hand either, there is just too many strokes in chi words. This leaves me with two choices. First, I can choose to use buttercream icing and pipe the words out. This will mean that my hand must be really firm and my handwriting must be really nice and neat. Second, I can choose to write the words with the edible markers that I have bought previously. It will be neater and more hassle-free as compared to working with buttercream icing which I have mentioned in earlier posts, I am still not very comfortable working with it. Therefore, I chose the latter and used the edible markers to write on the fondant and gumpaste mixture instead. Here's the end result.

A small 5'' Piyo Piyo cake.
As I already had experience molding the Piyo Piyo, there is not much problem with it now. The problem lies with the words where it is equally hard to use edible marker to write on the fondant and gumpaste mixture which is still soft and my ink just cannot get in well and nice. Thus, I have to bold it a few times until I can really see the words well. Also, pardon my handwriting on the cake which I have already tried to be as neat as possible. Nevertheless, another Piyo Piyo cake is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment